3.18.2008

Liberal Speech in America

Happened upon this link here: http://freedombrothers.blogspot.com/ I hope you limit your visits to ONCE, although it’s almost necessary to see what hatred its creator is spewing. At least, for me, it seems full of intolerance and hatred. So that got my mind jabbering, of course.

I find it extremely interesting that (usually) certain white Americans seem so quick to spit upon and want to outright KILL anyone who seems to embrace "liberal" thinking. I mean, (usually) certain white Americans have pretty much made the word "liberal" basically something profane. And I’ve thought, well, maybe I don’t know what the word "liberal" really means. So I looked it up. Turns out, yeah, I pretty much had the correct meaning for it. (Now’s a good time to confirm for yourself: http://www.m-w.com/.)

And so, that leaves me wondering, what in the world is SO hideously wrong with being generous and broadminded and the opposite of stingy? Why is that wrong?

I’m not trying to make this a political thing. Seriously. I just want to know. But, if you don’t mind, please participate in the poll and let me know if you think liberalism is a good thing, or a bad thing. That’s all. You can vote anonymously, and I promise you will NOT be disenfranchised. Your vote WILL count!

If you want to make a comment, please feel FREE to do so!

Merci!
P.S. Votes are held at the bottom of this blog page.

No comments: